Checkers Xtra Xtra Weekend launches with 5,000 deals and savings of up to 50%
Checkers Xtra Savings customers are in for a shopping spree with discounts of up to 50% and deals on more than 5 000 products during the inaugural Xtra Xtra Weekend, a Xtra Savings members-only shopping weekend.
The three-day shopping event from Friday 15 – Sunday 17 October 2021 will be Checkers’ biggest sales event of the year, with savings on a wide range of top-selling items, everyday essentials, and premium products that Checkers is known for, including coffee, wine, meat, cheese and seafood.
Some of the Xtra Xtra Weekend deals include:
- Moët & Chandon Non-vintage Champagne for R499 (R100 saving)
- Steakhouse Classic Man-sized T-bone steak for R99 per kg (R31 saving per kg)
- Finish Quantum Max dishwashing tablets 40s for R130 (R95 saving)
- 3 x 9/12 pack Baby Soft white or Supreme Quilts toilet paper for R120 (R90 saving)
- 2 x Nescafé Gold cappuccino sticks 20s for R150 (R60 saving)
- 25% off when you buy any three Forage & Feast, Simple Truth or Oh My Goodness! products
This sales promotion follows the popular trend set by international retailers who offer deep discounts for members, with jaw-dropping deals on a par – or even better - with those offered during Black Friday.
Since launching in October 2019, more than 8 million shoppers have signed up for Checkers Xtra Savings, and this is another way the supermarket is rewarding its loyal customers. Shoppers who aren’t yet Xtra Savings members can still sign up at no cost, quickly and easily, to take advantage of the deals on offer during Xtra Xtra Weekend.
There are free in-store sign-ups at any Checkers, Checkers Hyper, or Checkers LiquorShop branches, or via one of the following paperless channels:
- Add Checkers (+27 87 240 5385) as a WhatsApp contact and say “Hi!”
- Scan the QR code on the back of your Xtra Savings card and sign-up online
- Dial *134*835*CARDNUMBER# and follow the prompts
Download the Checkers app from your app store To launch its first-ever Xtra Xtra Weekend, Checkers produced a television commercial that matches the scale of the event, featuring the Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra.