SA's best prepare to battle it out in the Championship Boerewors grand finale
The annual search for South Africa’s tastiest boerewors is heating up with the announcement of this year’s top 10 finalists in the Shoprite and Checkers Championship Boerewors Competition.
These master boerewors makers impressed an expert panel of judges from the South African Chefs Association (SACA) over multiple rounds to earn their spot in the finale.
Next the finalists will prepare and cook their boerewors for judges Zola Nene, Jeff Schueremans, James Khoza, and Carmen
Niehaus at a special event in Cape Town on Saturday, 26 August 2023. The winner will be declared on the day and will take home incredible prizes – including a brand-new Toyota Fortuner – and the coveted title of 2023 Boerewors Champion.
The winning recipe will also be for sale in Shoprite and Checkers stores nationwide from 8 September 2023.
The top 10 finalists in no particular order:
- MshasheniMabotjafrom Polokwane, Limpopo
- Olivier Kritzingerfrom Joubertina, Eastern Cape
- Tyron Adams from Wellington, Western Cape
- Xavier Blaauw from Wellington, Western Cape
- Connie Viljoen from Richard’s Bay, KwaZulu-Natal
- Roy Erasmus from Newcastle, KwaZulu-Natal
- Roland, Blaauw from Wellington, Western Cape
- Gustav Piek from Wellington, Western Cape
- Yvonne Blaauw from Wellington, Western Cape
- Eddie Hawkes from Brackenfell, Western Cape
1st Prize: Toyota Fortuner and R20 000 cash
2nd Prize: R50 000 cash
3rd Prize: R30 000 cash